Warren Suen 孫瑋琳大律師
Warren is a dual-qualified barrister and registered architect. His practice covers most areas of civil work, with specialisation in construction law, commercial disputes, and international arbitration.
Graduated from the London School of Economics and Political Science with a Master of Laws focusing on conflict of laws and arbitration, he represented the school in the Willem C Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot and received the Pieter Sanders Award for best memorandum.
Warren is a recipient of the Society of Construction Law Hong Kong Scholarship, and he served pupillage with Ms Amanda Li, Mr Calvin Cheuk, Mr Simon Wong, Mr Benny Lo, Mr Jeffrey Tam and Mr Solomon Lam.
Prior to entering the Bar, Warren gained broad knowledge and experience from the construction sector. After completing a Master of Architecture on a scholarship at the University of Manchester, Warren worked in different international architecture firms. He designed and administered large-scale building projects in Hong Kong, Mainland China, and the Middle East. This allows him to comfortably understand complicated technical subject matters, deal with regional practices, and handle expert witnesses.
Furthermore, Warren is well versed in common standard forms of building contracts in Hong Kong. He is the youngest member appointed to the Joint Dispute Resolution Committee of the Hong Kong Institute of Architects and the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors handling related matters. He is also a director of the charitable Joint Mediation Helpline Office.
Warren accepts instructions in respect of building and construction claims, civil and commercial disputes, land and property, competition law, professional negligence, international arbitration, judicial review, disciplinary proceedings, and departmental summons (building and industrial).
As interest, Warren is keen on the study of public international law and counter-terrorism law, and he welcomes briefs in these regards.
Warren is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin, with work proficiency in Taishanese.
- Chairman, Contract & Dispute Resolution Committee, Hong Kong Institute of Architects (2022)
- Director, Joint Mediation Helpline Office (2021-2022)
- Joint Dispute Resolution Committee, Hong Kong Institute of Architects and Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (2021-2022)
- Board of Practices, Hong Kong Institute of Architects (2021-2022)
- Task Force on Mediation and Legal Services, Hong Kong Institute of Architects (2020)
- Young Members Committee, Hong Kong Institute of Architects (2020)
SCHOLARSHIPS AND PRIZES
- Society of Construction Law Hong Kong Scholarship (2020)
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot - Pieter Sanders Award (2020)
- Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition - Honorable Mention (Oralist) in Hong Kong Round (2019)
- Outstanding Performance in Mooting Competitions Award (2018)
- Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court Competition - Second Best Memorials in Asia-Pacific Regional Final (2018)
- Vice-Chancellor Merit Award Scholarship (2012)
Tel: (+852) 2521-5544
Mobile: (+852) 6182-3662
Fax: (+852) 2524-5912
Called to the Bar: Hong Kong 2021
- Registered Architect, HKIA (2017)
- Chartered Architect, RIBA (2016)
- Master of Laws, London School of Economics and Political Science (2020)
- PCLL, City University of Hong Kong (2019)
- JD, City University of Hong Kong (2018)
- Master of Architecture, University of Manchester (2014)
- Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Studies, University of Hong Kong (2011)
Administrative and Public, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Banking and Finance, Building and Construction, Company and Securities, Commercial and Contract, Criminal Defence and Prosecution, Disciplinary Proceedings, Land, Personal Injury, Professional Negligence, Tort