Jeevan Hingorani 㷫過辣雞
Jeevan Hingorani is the founder and head of Pacific Chambers. He is vastly experienced in both criminal and civil work, having been called to the Bar in England (1978), the BVI (1981) and Hong Kong (1982).
He was conferred his Chinese name "㷫過辣雞" by those he represented for the awesome cross examination he conducted in criminal cases.
After 12 years at the criminal bar, during which he was involved with numerous high profile cases including murder and commercial fraud, a number of which went to appeal at the Privy Council, he moved to civil practice where he has been firmly entrenched for over 27 years. Jeevan is the consummate cross-examiner and focuses on commercial litigation, company law, trusts, probate and partnership disputes. He has also resumed his criminal practice, and now regularly accepts instructions for both prosecution and defence work.
Expert Opinions – Regulatory Compliance
Jeevan has a background in medicine and has been involved with UK-based Centres of Scientific Excellence in the development of various technologies in relation to food, healthcare, security, authentication and data protection.
He has been regularly instructed to provide expert opinion on the regulatory compliance of companies in the medical, bio-medical and technology sectors, which have subsequently listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange limited.
Listed companies to which Jeevan has provided expert opinion include
Fameglow Holdings Limited
Wonderscape Holdings Limited
Opus Capital Limited
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- CEDR Accredited Mediator
- Panel Member of the Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation
- List member of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- Recent past President of the New Medico-Legal Society of Hong Kong
- Former Member of the Inland Revenue Board of Review Appeals Tribunal
- Member of the Society of Construction Law, Hong Kong
- Author “Medical Abbreviations and Other Interpretive Tools”
- Medico-Legal Society: “Lumbar Disc Injury”
- JSM/Deacons: “Expert Cross-examination in Back Injury Cases”
- Practical Approach to Resolving Disputes in the Construction Industry Conference
- Construction Disputes “Arbitrate or Litigate”
- Settlements “Passing the Buck”
- “Where there’s a Will …”
WANG RUIYUN v. GEM GLOBAL YIELD FUND LTD
PACIFIC ELECTRIC WIRE & CABLE CO LTD v. HARMUTTY LTD AND OTHERS
BAKER & MCKENZIE (A FIRM) v. THE GRANDE HOLDINGS LTD AND OTHERS
DR LEUNG SIK CHIU v. THE MEDICAL COUNCIL OF HONG KONG
COMMERZBANK AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT (HONG KONG) v. PEREGRINE FIXED INCOME LTD. (IN LIQUIDATION)
TIN TIN YAT PAO (INTERNATIONAL) LTD. v. HO SAI CHU AND OTHERS
GOLDEN SCENE CO LTD v. CITY ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION LTD
ALA 2000 S.p.A. v. ADVANCED APPLIANCE LTD. AND OTHERS
MATTEOGRASSI SPA v. THE AIRPORT AUTHORITY
A-G v TAN SIEW KIM (Privy Council)
DENNIS CHIU TAT SHING v QUEEN (Privy Council)
Tel: (+852) 2521-5544
Fax: (+852) 2524-5912
Called to the Bar: England & Wales 1978; Hong Kong 1982
Alternative Dispute Resolution, Banking and Finance, Building and Construction, Company and Securities, Commercial and Contract, Coroner's Court Hearings, Criminal Defence and Prosecution, Disciplinary Proceedings, Employment and Labour, Insurance, Personal Injury, Professional Negligence, Shipping and Admiralty, Tax, Tort, Wills & Probate.